GoToContent

History of the School

Our academy was originally the “First Non-Commissioned Officers School” established in 1957 by the late president Chiang Kai-Shek in Jhongli, Taoyuan. Having integrated with the Second and Third Non-Commissioned Officers Schools through numerous renovations and advancements of school affairs and investments, the scale of our campus has gradually expanded. In August 2005, the academy was officially reformed as the “Army Academy of the ROC” to educate our lower echelon leadership to master both their pens and their swords and fulfill their roles as skillful army NCOs with integrity, which has greatly contributed to the building and development of our armed forces.